21 GOALS THAT YOUR COMPANY CAN ACHIEVE AT AN EXHIBITION
Here are 21 specific goals that can be achieved by your company at an exhibition :
• Get on the radar of the media so they know that you are there at the exhibition
• Generate coverage from your presence at the exhibition. Do you have a new product to launch? What’s the angle that makes it newsworthy?
• Build relationships with members of the media before, during and after the exhibition. It will come in very useful in the long-run.
• Test the market on a new product you are launching. What’s the response like? What can be improved? Take copious notes so you know what to improve and refine on when you go back to the drawing board.
• Research your marketing campaign and see what others are doing too. How can your ideas be improved?
• Discover perceptions from the market and also market awareness of your brand. Talk to many people and discover perceptions.
• Identify and recruit new distributors or partners. This is a great time to reach out and create new channels.
• Support your current sales channel while you are at the exhibition.
• Build your reputation as a partner.
• Create or raise market awareness of your brand
• Position or reposition your brand. An exhibition is a great time to make a splash or announcement.
• Educate / Demonstrate. Make use of your stage to share and educate.
• Boost investor perceptions. Being involved in exhibitions shows you have arrived.
• Develop new markets that you want to get into.
• Build relationships with current customers
• Educate customers
• Upsell and cross-sell customers
• Collect customer testimonials
• Re-sell lapsed customers
• Generate sales leads
• Make direct sales
• Build a contact database